Unit: Reflective Educators & Mastery Demonstration
5-10 page reflection, outside of the title and reference pages
The AIU School of Education has established the following programmatic learning outcomes (PLOs):
- Outcome 1: Analyze research findings to respond to academic, physical, social, and cultural differences in educating students, and recommend method modifications based on research results.
- Outcome 2: Design educational programs that effectively address objectives, integrating the appropriate use of various instructional media and technologies for learning.
- Outcome 3: Develop educational programs that use the appropriate criteria for selecting curricular content, organization of content, and methods of curriculum evaluation.
- Outcome 4: Create a plan for the implementation of learning content in various educational settings.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate the opportunities and challenges involved in the organizational development and delivery of learning programs using formative and summative instruments.
- using leadership and management strategies.
- Outcome 7: Demonstrate advanced, discipline-appropriate communication skills in written and presentation formats.
Over the course of your graduate degree, you have been provided with opportunities to develop and master these outcomes throughout numerous assessment projects. For this assignment, you must reflect on the work that you have completed and how you have demonstrated mastery of each learning outcome.
In an APA-formatted paper, address each of the seven PLOs, and identify which assignment submission you have made throughout the program best illustrates your mastery level of the PLO and why you feel your work demonstrates graduate-level competency. Include any direct quotes from your own work or from your faculty grading feedback that might strengthen your defense of your mastery, but be sure to cite yourself (and others, if needed) according to APA requirements. Note that in your discussion, it may also be appropriate to identify the areas that you have had to put forth more effort in to develop these outcomes or the pathways that you may continue to explore to further develop these skill sets.