The purpose of this assignment is to explore a health issue impacting older adults and explain the social implications of this health issue in order to promote awareness of the issues some older adults face. Some areas that may be covered are chronic illnesses such as AIDS, heart disease, diabetes, falls, substance abuse, dementia, alcoholism, and chronic mental illness.
Address the following in this paper:
· Describe the health issue and address whether this is part of normal or abnormal aging.
· Thoroughly and critically review the relevant treatment, intervention, and evidence-based practice for treating this health issue.
· Address the social challenges older adults encounter with this health issue, and discuss the particular strengths and resources they may bring to these challenges.
· Discuss how skilled workers should be aware of the health issue and its implications, and chose one to two frameworks or theories that can be used to assess and intervene with an older adult who has this health issue. Suggest specific helping strategies that professionals should employ in working with those impacted by this social problem and what your reasoning is for your selection.
· Papers should be approximately 6 to 8 pages in length and written in APA format. Incorporate the course texts and 3-5 additional scholarly journal articles into the paper.