Read “Case 2.1: Jordan Wholesale Marketplace” found under the “Making Sales Management Decisions” heading following the summary at the end of Chapter 2 in your eTextbook.
For this assignment, answer the questions below; your assignment should be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the required title page and reference page.
In your response, make specific references to concepts that you learned in Chapters 1 and 2 and any other sources that support your analysis of the questions. Convince the reader that your response to the questions is correct. Outside sources other than the eTextbook (which must be cited and referenced) are not required; however, they can be helpful in your responses. If outside sources are used, please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.
- Is it likely that Tom Olivia will be successful in the short-term with this strategy?
- What are the long-run implications of this strategy for Tom Olivia and for Jordan Wholesale Marketplace?
- If you were Grace Lamkin, what advice would you give Tom? What characteristics would you expect Grace to have as a successful sales manager?
- Describe the importance of trust in developing a buyer-seller relationship.
- Identify and describe the personal selling approach that you feel would work best in the situation described in the case study.
Textbook: Ingram, T. N., LaForge, R. W., Avila, R. A., Schwepker, C. H., Jr., & Williams, M. R. (2020). Sales management: Analysis and decision making (10th ed.). Routledge. https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/9781000651942