Like in a criminal justice professional conference seminar, you will pick the conferences that you wish to attend. You will select 1 of the 5 topics for your Discussion Board. Please read the instructions for the Discussion Board assignments carefully because they are different from your other classes that you have had Discussion Boards in.
Selecting 1 of the 5 topics, you will be required to submit a 300-word minimum main topic posting. Please add your references to the main topic posting (required). You are encouraged to do research on the topic for other sources. You will be responding to a minimum of 3 classmates for this assignment. Each classmate’s response should be a minimum of 100 words. Your option is to respond to postings that concern your main topic selection, or you may respond to postings from classmates that have to do with 1 of the other 3 topics.
The topics come from the reading assignments for this week all located in the AIU Online Library.
Biller, Jeffrey Thomas.The George Washington University, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2012. 1515265.
- Author: Baumard, Phillipe
- Source: International Journal on Criminology. Spring2014, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p11-21. 11p.
- Author: Cunningham, Chase
- Source: Military Technology. 2013, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p89-91. 3p.
Congressional Documents and Publications; Washington, D.C.: Washington: Federal Information & News Dispatch, LLC. (Sep 30, 2015)
- Author: Miro-Linares, F. and Moneva, A.
- Source: Crime Science. 2019, Volume 8 Issue 1.
Discuss the following:
- How have computerized databases impacted the technological abilities of criminal justice?
- What makes cybercrime such an inviting method of committing offenses?
- What is the future for cybercrime, and how should criminal justice agencies approach the challenge?