In recent years, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enabled telephony networks have introduced a number of radical innovations in that way that people use telephony in general, including allowing people to take business-related calls seamlessly, even when they are not physically “at the office”. Research the elements that comprise SIP and VoIP. Put yourself into the position of a system administrator considering updating your business’s landline telephony system. What elements of the technology would you assign the greatest value? Would you even consider using a VoIP telephony solution rather than a traditional landline? Why or why not? If you have “real world” experience with VoIP, please include a brief overview of that experience. If you do not have personal experience of the technology, include an overview of a case study of VoIP.
Based on your research, write a 3–5 page paper that researches the concept of internet telephony, as well as providing an analysis and comparison of several telephony technologies currently available.
All papers must meet these standard requirements:
- Paper follows APA formatting.
- Length is 3–5 pages long not including references and cover page.
- As you research the paper, ALL of the pages must have citations and references.
- No more than three bulleted or listed points per paper.
- Bulleted lists without substantial narrative included are strongly discouraged.
- No more than one directquotation (of 40 words or more) per page from a reference source and those quotes must be properly cited within the body and in the references at the end of the paper.
- References are required for all sources, and all figures and tables must be captioned in APA format.
- Title page
- Reference page