For this assignment, you will write a research paper addressing the following topics:
- Describe the differences between homegrown extremism and terrorism and provide your own definition of each.
- Compare and contrast at least two different radicalization models. Highlight any key similarities and differences.
- Choose either a purely domestic extremist group or an internationally focused terrorist organization and briefly describe the main inspiration (the grievance or cause). You can pick any extremist or terrorist group you like to describe the ideology or what drives them.
This Midterm Assignment addresses the following course objectives:
CO-1: Describe the psychological factors of terrorism as well as the ideologies that drive homegrown violent extremism.
CO-2: Compare and contrast the different models and framework for the radicalization process.
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 3-5 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.