Because this is a pamphlet/brochure type assignment, you can choose any font size and type you like. You can submit the assignment as a word, publisher or PDF document.
- You have been asked to develop a pamphlet for expecting mothers. The pamphlet would tell mothers-to-be about: the importance of prenatal care, what factors are conducive to healthy prenatal development and what factors are associated with adverse outcomes for babies, both prenatally and post-natally. Please remember that this will be a generic brochure, so plan what you wish to include in it, accordingly.
- The pamphlet should also describe, briefly, the stages of fetal development (from conception to birth) and the birth process (including the different approaches to this process).
- The pamphlet must be appealing to the eyes, and should not include too much scientific or medical jargon, except when absolutely necessary.
- The information presented in the pamphlet will be worth 10 marks. The remaining 5 marks will be awarded to the appearance and appeal of the pamphlet.
- Please remember to reference your sources (according to APA guidelines). If there is no space in the actual brochure/pamphlet, for APA style references, you can just mention the title of the books or websites (that you are using) in the actual brochure, and you can submit your APA references as a separate document. As for in-text citations, there is no need to include them, in this assignment, unless you are using a direct quote. As for pictures, you do need to cite those, unless you are using pictures from Clipart.
- Please make sure the brochure looks like modern-day brochures, both in content and in form. This means that it would be a good idea to add links to a few websites that a person can go to, for more information, AND links to one or two videos that one can watch, also for more information. The links to the videos should be clear (e.g. a YouTube link). If the video is part of a website, that is fine, but you will need to make it clear that this particular website includes a video. Failing to do so will result in a lower grade.
- If you choose to use Microsoft Publisher, for your brochure, that is fine, but please save and submit it as a PDF file, as Canvas sometimes messes up the layout of publisher documents.